I want to type this out for anyone who wanders across it and for myself to have ‘on record.’ After research on nutrition (especially considering my transition to a Vegan diet), and considering that I would still like to lose more weight, my daily nutritional goals are as follows:
- 4-8 bottles of water
- a B-12 Vitamin supplement
- 1 cup of Calcium and Vitamin D fortified Orange Juice
- 2 other servings of Fruits
- 5 servings of Veggies (3 of which are dark greens such as spinach/kale)
- 4 servings of whole grains (whole wheat, not white refined grains)
- 2 servings of protein (beans, soy, tofu)
- 1 serving of nuts (almonds, walnuts, etc)
- 2 TBS of Flax seed (this is a new addition, I added it in slowly starting at 1/4 teaspoon and increasing daily)
Note: I do a kale/spinach/lemon/lime/green apple/cucumber/celery/flax seed juice each day to fill some of these requirements
I came to this daily food plan after lots of reading, web searching, and nutritional label peeking. It was empowering knowing what I needed in my diet and why. And figuring out the different ways to fit everything in. I don’t count calories, but I do keep things to single serving portions in order to moderate. I never feel deprived though, and I do not allow myself to get hungry. All meals (starting with breakfast and including snacks) are very important to avoid hunger. For me, hunger often leads to impulsive food choices, and larger portion sizes (as well as generally being a bit, or a lot I won’t lie, grumpy).
I suggest to anyone to check out their facts (as well as they say you must talk to a Doc) before changing diet habits. Check out my blog ‘Resources‘ for some of the websites and books that have helped me gather my information.